Visitor Experience Attendant: part customer service, part technology troubleshooting, part product promotion
Pay range: $15.00 per hour
Job Type: 25 hours/week
You’re the essence of visitors’ experience at our libraries. You greet people with a smile and welcome them into our libraries. You enrich people’s lives through meaningful dialogue about our products and services. You earn trust by being knowledgeable about our products and making recommendations that connect with the customer.
Who you are:
- You are warm and friendly, and you just like helping people.
- You’re outgoing – you love letting people know what’s new and happening.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You thrive on variation.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
A position you’ll love:
- You warmly welcome customers into our libraries and ensure a great experience and a friendly farewell.
- You provide an amazing experience to each and every customer by helping them find the book they want or assisting them with other services.
- You take pride in our libraries, ensuring they are tidy and the displays are refreshed and looking beautiful.
- You enjoy great conversations, visiting with our customers about their experiences.
- You love meeting and inspiring new people. You enjoy talking about and offering meaningful recommendations of the latest books, movies, programs, and services at the library.
- You orchestrate the opening and closing of the library branch; when we open our doors, the branch is clean and tidy and we are ready for the day’s adventure.
- You are a wizard at making our library customers feel welcome; you register them for a library card, help them with a fee, request a book through interlibrary loan, assist them in making copies, or walk them through their basic computer needs.
- You are comfortable with computers; you can help our library customers with their basic computer needs, including e-mail, answering Microsoft product questions, printing from the computer, and navigating the Internet.
- You are knowledgeable about technology throughout the library.
- You are there to lend a hand if needed for programs and promotions.
- You have great ideas to share with our library team.
- You are a lifelong learner, enjoying your journey of professional development.
- You are the person the library customer recognizes and seeks out to say hello. You are the go-to person to help library customers over the phone or in person
- You answer phones, reserve meeting rooms for patrons, and identify collection needs based on customer comments.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
- High school degree, college preferred
- Computer literacy with MS Office proficiency preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
Additional Info & Requirements
Your job will involve your being “on the move” in our libraries: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
You will be working at both libraries in our district (in Saguache and near Crestone).
This position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please send a non-traditional, creative letter of application to email@example.com. In it, tell us why libraries matter in a digital age. Attach a copy of your resume and your full contact information.